About the product
The iSMA-B-MAC36NL is a Niagara controller equipped with 36 onboard IO, a 100-point license, and a single RS485 port. If additional points are required, you have the option to upgrade in 50-point increments.
The MAC (Master Application Controller) incorporates various types of built-in I/O and operates within the Niagara Framework environment. It boasts a specific local I/O configuration of 16x UI, 8x AO, 4x DI, and 8x DO, making it adaptable to a multitude of applications. The controller provides comprehensive features including control, data logging, alarming, scheduling, integration, and visualization.
For IP connectivity, two Fast Ethernet ports are available, operating independently. Additionally, the built-in RS485 port allows expansion by connecting MINI or MIX series I/O modules or integrating with other subsystems. The iSMA-B-MAC36NL offers a rich graphical interface accessible via a standard web browser or an external display connected to the built-in HDMI and USB ports, complete with touch-screen support.
Moreover, two other hardware versions of the controller are available, featuring a second RS485 port and M-Bus interface.
The Niagara versions available for this controller in the latest Installer version:
- Niagara 4.4.73 (not recommended)
- Niagara 4.4.92 (not recommended)
- Niagara 184.108.40.206
- Niagara 220.127.116.11
- Niagara 18.104.22.168
- Niagara 22.214.171.124 (Use the installer v1.4)
- Niagara 126.96.36.199
- Niagara 188.8.131.52 (Use the installer v1.5)
- Niagara 184.108.40.206 (Use the installer v1.7)
- Niagara 220.127.116.11
- Niagara 18.104.22.168
- Niagara 22.214.171.124 (Use the installer v1.8)
- Niagara 126.96.36.199
- BACnet MSTP, Data Recovery Service, Web Service Ports fix and HDMI function is now available for N4.6 and higher.
For all new features and improvements, please see theRelease Notes.
All Universal Inputs have 16-bit ADC which supports the following types of inputs:
Temperature input supports the following types of sensors:
10K3A1, 10K4A1, Carel 10K, 20K6A1, 2.2K3A1, 3K3A1, 30K6A1, SIE1, TAC1, SAT1, Pt1000, Ni1000
For sensors, Pt1000 and Ni1000 use only 16-bit resolution!
- Voltage input 0-10 V DC: input resistance 100 kŒ© accuracy ¬±0,1%, measurement resolution 3 mV @ 12-bit
and 1 mV @ 16-bit
- Current input 0-20 mA (external resistor200 Œ© required)
- Resistive input 0-1000 kŒ©: measurement resolution
for 20 kŒ© load: 20 Œ© @ 12-bit and 1 Œ© @ 16-bit
- Dry contact input
- Dry contact inputs
- Fast pulse counter up to 100 Hz saved in SD Card
All Analog Outputs are equipped with 12-bit ADC provides 10 mV resolution and accuracy less than ¬±0,5%. They support the following output types:
- Voltage: 0-10 V DC max. load up to 20 mA
- PWM: 0,01 Hz, 0,1 Hz, 1 Hz, 10 Hz, 100 Hz
- Relay output (NO): max. 3 A @ 30 V DC
- Multicore Cortex-A Series ARM Processor
- 1GB DDR3 SDRAM
- Removable micro-SD card ‚Äì 4 GB
(2 GB system reserved / 2 GB user storage)
- RS485 half-duplex, optoisolated
- Baud rate from 2400 to 115200
- 2x Fast Ethernet (independent)
- 2x USB (1x OTG, 1x Host)
- HDMI type A (standard)
- Micro SD card slot
- Modbus RTU/ASCII/IP, BACnet MSTP/IP, oBIX, SNMP,
- 24 V AC/DC
- Dimensions: 160x110x62 mm.
- Construction: UL-approved,
self-extinguishing plastic (PC/ABS)
- DIN rail mounting DIN (DIN EN 50022 norm)
- Cooling: internal air circulation
- Operating temperature: -10¬∞C to 50¬∞C
- Storage temperature: -40¬∞C to 85¬∞C
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95%, no condensation
- Ingress Protection Rating: IP40 ‚Äì for indoor installation
What is the default IP of the device?
What Niagara version is needed to connect to this controller?
What should I do if I need to use Niagara 188.8.131.52?
%HOMEPATH%\Niagara4.4\sw\inbox folder and use commisioning wizard, or use Platform‚ÜíDistribution File Installer, choose file and install.
What should I do if I need to use Niagara 4.6, 4.7 or 4.8?
Please download thelatest update filesHERE, into the zipfile, which contains the DIST files for versions 4.6, 4.7 and 4.8. You will find a file named ‚ÄúiSMA_MAC36_files_installer_v1.0.1152.bat‚Äù; this will copy for you all the DIST files into the relevant folders. After this procedure, you must restart the Workplace and commission your MAC36NL with the 4.6, 4.7 or 4.8 version.
If you need to upgrade to 4.8andthe controller is already running on lower versions (4.4, 4.6or 4.7) the first step you will need to do is to clean the controller by installing the CleanDist file using the DistributionFileInstaller from the controller's platform and after that commission the MAC36NL controller with the 4.8.
What improvements for the MAC36NL with Niagara 4.6 and 4.7?
With the release of N4.6 and N4.7 for the MAC36NL you have some new features:- BACnet MSTP -HDMI
-Data Recovery Service -Web Service Port Fix
Please see read the Release Notes.
What are the default platform Credentials?
What communication networks are available?
- Modbus RS485
- Modbus TCP
- BACnet TCP
- BACnet MSTP is available for versions N4.6 and N4.7.
- Niagara Network
What features are implemented into this controller compared to the Tridium Jace?
-PX pages (web User Interface pages) HTML 5 web viewing
-Communication with Niagara controllers and Supervisors through Niagara Network
When commissioning I see this message: there is no Core software found that can be installed, what should I do?
After using the commissioning wizard to install the Station and modules, I can see into the Application Directory that there are errors regarding the Web Server and I cannot access the controller from the webpage. How do I resolve that error and access the controller through the web page?
How do the Local IOs work?
How do I change the Universal Input type?
How do I change the Analog Output type?
How can I use the HDMI function?